Offline in Hik Connect and GuardingVision

viprgurl

n3wb
Reaction score
I would love for GuardingVision Cloud to work so that I don't have to change the IP address everytime my power goes out or my IP address decides to change. I have added my NVR (Hik Connect) to GuardingVision Cloud and scanned my NVR to the GuardingVision app to view my security cameras from anywhere, but NVR on GuardingVision app says "Offline". Can anyone help me to be able to view my cameras on the GuardingVision app from GuardingVision Cloud?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your issue is that your WAN IP (the one assigned by your ISP) is dynamic and is subject to change, then that can be solved easily with a DDNS service. You create an account with them, set up a unique hostname on their server, like 'nvr.viprgurl.ddns.net', and you set up the NVR or your router to update the hostname on their server with the new WAN IP if it ever changes. You access your WAN IP not with an IP address but by the hostname.

I use no-ip.com but I pay $24 /yr for 25 hostnames. There are some free DDNS's out there but I have no experience with them. Perhaps someone else will chime in. Even IPCT offers a free DDNS service.