"Object travels (pixels):" setting with substream

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I just figured out why I'm getting so many fewer motion events with substreams. Do I need to lower this setting proportionally to account for way fewer pixels on the substream? i.e. if I had it set to 100 pixels when the image was 1920x1080 but now it's just 640x360, then do I need to change it to 33 pixels now to detect objects with the same arc field of view change?

Or is the software smart enough to take that setting and use it in proportion to the substream size / mainstream size?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to change it, but I would recommend unchecking the moves so many pixels and uncheck the reset box.

These two features are used to try to prevent false triggers, and you have have opposite going on. Only use these if you have too many false triggers. None of my cameras use those features. Of course they are field of view dependent and YMMV.

But with that said, since you are using DeepStack, then simply leave these both unchecked and let DeepStack decide if the trigger meets the criteria you set.