NVR supporting RTSP input?

Ba10s118

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

Do anyone here have experience with any NVR's where you can add RTSP streams as a source?
I've tried some of the cheap chinese, but no luck.
Mainly they require ONVIF.

I have some nice small cameras which has been hacked (Xiaofang) so they can output RTSP streams, and I would like to add these to a NVR.
I not that keen for a Software solution, such as Blue Iris, mainly due to the poor optimization which will spike the CPU usage.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do anyone here have experience with any NVR's where you can add RTSP streams as a source?
I've used that method a few times on a couple of Hikvision NVRs, 76xxNI-E2, 78xxN-E2.
It worked OK, but of course no event notifications, just used for continuous recording.

Ba10s118

n3wb
Reaction score
Perfect! Im just looking into the scenario where i use dirt cheap indoor cameras which can be hacked (got my xiaofang for about 8 usd each).

djayor

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently I change the firmware of a Xiaomi Xiaofang 1S with this method: Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks
I can see the RTSP stream using a VLC in a computer, but I cannot add the streaming in my NVR from Techage 8ch (FW version V4.03.R11.00000202.12201.140000.0000001).

I already try to add manually the IP, port, and login credentials, also deactivating the login in the camera, but I always get "Not connected".
This NVR supports RTSP and ONVIF, and this firmware in the camera also supports both, but cannot find any protocol.

@Ba10s118 did you had luck adding this camera to your NVR?