NVR Starts up then shuts down and beeps

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my NVR today, installed a HDD, and powered it up. IT starts on the bootup screen (says NVR), but will not take me through the initial setup process, then the monitor shows nothing like it has been disconnected and it starts to beep 4 times. It beeps 4 times about every 20 seconds or so.
Any thoughts?

avspin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
May be a bad hard drive. Bought two new ones a couple months ago and one was bad out of the box. same thing on the NVR. Try it on a computer.

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK,

It was sending a resolution out that my monitor did not recognize. I had to download the config tool and do everything via IP. I had tried this earlier, but relized that the config tool doesn't recognize the NVR until after it has initilized.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible that at first the NVR has to be connected to a VGA monitor and after initialization it can then be connected to an HDMI monitor or TV.

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's possible that at first the NVR has to be connected to a VGA monitor and after initialization it can then be connected to an HDMI monitor or TV.
Mine has the option of VGA, or two HDMIs for dual monitor. The VGA and HDMI 1 have the exact same settings, there is no separating them, they output the exact same image, resolution, etc.