Northern Video NTH-NVR8POE

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a security camera installer needing some help. I have a this northern NVR that came out of a restaurant, the restaurant cameras were removed but NVR was left behind. I upgraded my client to a new system and now I have this NVR sitting here. Here is my dilemma, I was able to completely restore the NVR to factory settings, but no matter what ip camera I connect to it, the recorder See's the camera but will not display an image. Now I was able to get into the NVR menu and change the camera settings from plug and play to onvif, hikvision and all of the different selections but to no avail. I have also reset the cameras to default settings including the passwords but the same issue..no video. Restored NVR numerous times, the nvr ask's me if I want to also use same password for the cameras, I say yes and still no video the error I get is " incorrect password or camera is not supported"
Anyone know if there are any ip cameras out there that I can use with this recorder that are plug and play compatible? Am I missing something? Or do I have to use Northern Video cameras with this unit. I don't want to just throw it out, I want to be able to sell it as used but its taking me for a spin. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.