No video feed from all cameras after system reset

Reaction score
Hey y’all!

I just bought a home with a pretty nice looking IP camera set up and was hoping I could learn something here about what I did wrong and what I should do.

My 4 Northern HD-TVITVITIR100 cameras that are hooked up to my HIK Vision DVR show “No video”.

Mind that I “set the system to inactive” in order to reset it and make a new password.

The cameras and record was working fine before this, so I think I just don’t know how to program the cameras? Everytime I try to add the cameras it says “No IP camera detected”

suggestions?
Thanks!

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Any chance you tried to “set the system to active”?

Do you see anything on the monitor... like the graphical user interface (GUI) of the NVR?

Reaction score
Yes I think I reactivated it when I created a new user and password and everything.

Is it normal when setting up IP cameras to need to input the IP camera address and stuff like you see in this photo?

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Help the IPCT members help you. Consider posting the model number of the DVR you are asking questions about.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I think I reactivated it when I created a new user and password and everything.

Is it normal when setting up IP cameras to need to input the IP camera address and stuff like you see in this photo?
Generally answer is yes when the NVR brand and camera brand are different (or not OEM related).

Start over. Plug one camera in at a time and do not plug the next camera in until you have the first one going with a live view.

Reaction score
Generally answer is yes when the NVR brand and camera brand are different (or not OEM related).

Start over. Plug one camera in at a time and do not plug the next camera in until you have the first one going with a live view.
Ok, good to know. Any idea where I could get the information for the cameras like the IP address and protocol information? Or what that stuff usually looks like?

I’ll try plugging in them one at a time.

Reaction score
Change the username and password back to what it was and see if the cameras work with the NVR.
Im sure that would work, however I don’t know that information. That’s why I did a factory reset. The previous home owner didn’t know it. They said it was all set up by the security company that installed it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if you can find the factory reset for the cameras as well. Then it will all start fresh. No idea how the security company may have setup the network topology so you could now have IP addresses that the NVR isn't seeing.