No Video - Dahua IP66 1.3megapixel camera

Reaction score
I recently purchased and configured the following IP Camera to work with my uVerse 2wire modem/router. I've since purchased and downloaded BlueIris to manage a series of cameras (some Dahua, some Panasonic BB-HCM series). The Blue Iris recognizes the Panasonic cameras however I get no signal on the Dahua camera.

I've configured the Dahua within the Blue IRis software with the following,

IP address: 75.17.xxx.xx HTTP port: 5000, RTP/UDP ports: 37700

I also selected Inspect ONVIF etc and it returned

The following,

Open port 5000
HTTP request...
OK
ONVIF GetCapabilities....
ONVIF response!
Manufacturer: General
Model: IP Camera
FirmwareVersion:2.211.General 00.0.r, build: 2013-07-26(V4.1.1)
has Media services /onvif/media_service
has RTP/RTSP, requesting profiles
first profile is 000
requesting URI for profile 000
RTSP URI: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Done

The message that's returned after setting configuration options is → No Signal Error:8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0. I know the IP address is right and the uVerse firewall settings is correct because I'm able to access camera via Chrome and simply typing the IP address and the port.

Assistance is needed.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
is the dahua on the same network as the blue iris machine? if so, it seems like you are trying to use an external ip address instead of an internal address or you intentionally set your internal address to a strange range.

Reaction score
No, the Blue Iris machine is connecting to the cameras remotely. Six Panasonic connected just fine and when I try to connect the first of three Dahua cameras, I get a no signal however from within the Blue Iris software camera add screen it lists the IP address and port of the camera and when I select that link it takes me right to the camera via Chrome.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
did you port forward the http rtsp and rtp ports?

Reaction score
No I did not. I port forwarded HTTP port, TCP Port and UDP port (I only forwarded the UDP two hours ago thinking it would make a difference and it did not) Are you suggesting that I forward rtp & rtsp as well. If so interesting given the fact that I can access the Dahua from a browser without forwarding "Real Time Streaming Protocol"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you need to forward the rtsp port. You may not need the rtp, but as a test forward all of them. The fact that the browser works without it is of not consequence as it may use a different streaming method.

Reaction score
Port forwarded rtsp ports along with the other ports already forwarded and access via Blue Iris is now working.

So I'm port forwarding,

HTTP
TCP
UDP
RTSP

This is working but convoluted. I have to create four ports for each camera and then port forward all four for Blue Iris to be able to display video. Wow. The Panasonic Cameras on the other hand just work by port forwarding the HTTP/TCP Port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You may not need to forward all. Start by disabling one at a time to see which ones you really need.