No audio in BI from IPC-HDW5231R-Z

deltapapa

n3wb
Reaction score
Weird problem - my IPC-HDW5231R-Z used to work fine, audio worked in UI3, BI mobile, recording playback, etc. At some point, audio stopped recording with no settings change on my end. Audio still plays on the web interface for the camera, but not anywhere in BI. I restarted the PC, BI, the camera, etc and it just started working again. Now, a few months later, the same problem has cropped up and no combination of restarts or settings changes fixes it. Other cameras audio play back fine so it's not BI. Any ideas would be appreciated.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Weird problem - my IPC-HDW5231R-Z used to work fine, audio worked in UI3, BI mobile, recording playback, etc. At some point, audio stopped recording with no settings change on my end. Audio still plays on the web interface for the camera, but not anywhere in BI. I restarted the PC, BI, the camera, etc and it just started working again. Now, a few months later, the same problem has cropped up and no combination of restarts or settings changes fixes it. Other cameras audio play back fine so it's not BI. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Have you tried right clicking on the video of the offending camera, making sure that "Enable Audio" is checked?

deltapapa

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried right clicking on the video of the offending camera, making sure that "Enable Audio" is checked?
Yes, play live audio is checked. See screenshots below.

In the last screenshot, it was originally set to 64kbps G.711 a-law and that worked fine. After it quit working the second time, I saw a post recommending using RSTP. None of those settings seem to change anything.

Attachments

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision & 3 Dahua (2 are 5231). All of mine are set to 64kbps G.711 and I've never had a problem. I presume audio is set to G.711A in the camera also?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision & 3 Dahua (2 are 5231). All of mine are set to 64kbps G.711 and I've never had a problem. I presume audio is set to G.711A in the camera also?
try using dahua rtsp from the dropdown rather than find inspect.
If that does not work, delete the camera in BI and add it back again.