New user here - need some help with scanning footage

Rodeoclash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently had a couple of cameras installed. My neighbour recently had their garage broken into and a bike stolen, they've come to me to ask if I have any footage of it happening. I've used some of the inbuilt search tools in my DVR (Dahua) but I know that it's incomplete as I've been able to find footage of people walking past the camera that it hasn't registered as motion.

So, given that, I've downloaded the raw footage from the camera to my desktop. Does anyone have suggestions of what tools I could use to automatically search the footage? I experimented with Introduction - DVR-Scan but it runs pretty much at about real time and I have ~8 hours of footage to work through (I haven't tried the Cuda build yet).

I'm reasonably competent technically and given some time (and effort) I could likely whip something up myself using OpenCV but I wanted to know if something existed already in this space.

Apologies if I missed something obvious on the forum which discusses this, I have looked around but couldn't find anything.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there - were there any 'telling' differences before/after the break in occured? Maybe a piece of trash fell out of the car, etc etc. I find usually it's better to spend some time analyzing clear differences between pre and post event and using those identifiers to help narrow down the timeframe

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I surmise that your Dahua DVR has Dahua cameras? Scroll down to the bottom for the Dahua flavored software

Rodeoclash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there - were there any 'telling' differences before/after the break in occured? Maybe a piece of trash fell out of the car, etc etc. I find usually it's better to spend some time analyzing clear differences between pre and post event and using those identifiers to help narrow down the timeframe
Unfortunately no, I only have access to the street close by to the garage. We were hoping to see someone wheeling a bicycle away or similar.

Rodeoclash

n3wb
Reaction score
I surmise that your Dahua DVR has Dahua cameras? Scroll down to the bottom for the Dahua flavored software

I do, any suggestions out of those software packages which ones are for video analysis? None of the features listed under each jump out at me as something I could use.