new user access is not limited

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi, i have a question on setting up a user. i may have a misunderstanding of its use as i cannot get the desired results.

i setup a user and set it to NOT admin. in addition, i selected certain camera groups that do not include the camera in question.
when i test this user with the mobile app, i still see the group and the camera in that group. additionally i see it in All Cameras.

is this not a method to limit a users access to a given set of cameras? if it is, any pointers are appreciated on this.

-scott

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you are following the correct steps.

If you have anonymous authentication enabled, you might be getting in as the Anonymous user which likely is not limited to certain camera groups. If you log in to Blue Iris with a bad user/pass, and anonymous authentication is available, the web server will just pretend your login was successful and let you in as the Anonymous user.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
good catch. thanks, now I just need to see if i can pass credentials in a command line on another website. i use ActionTiles for Smartthings and pull camera streams for their web interface.

appreciate the help!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score