New USA Hikvision v3.3.5 Firmware for NVR models DS-90xx&96xx-ST&77xx-SP

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision has released v3.3.5 firmware for their DS-90xx&96xx-ST&77xx-SP series in the US market. It can be found at:

ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_DVR_Firmware/DS-90xx&96xx&77xx-ST(P)/DS-90xx&96xx-ST&77xx-SP_USA_Firmware_v3.3.5_151119:Hikvision123@ftp.hikvisionusa.com

If you notice it is build number 151119 (that means 2015-Nov-19).

In typical Hikvision fashion this firmware is newer in terms of release date than the International/Overseas v3.4.0 (which has a higher version number) but an older build date of 150929.

I am getting ready to start testing v3.3.5 build 151119 but can't find any release notes. Anyone happen to have the release notes for DS-90xx&96xx-ST&77xx-SP_USA_Firmware_V3.3.5_151119.zip?

Thanks.

4xfire

n3wb
Reaction score
What do you think of the new interface of v3.3.5 and how has it been treating you?

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume you are referring to the console interface. I think the console interface is much better than say v3.0.x but we rarely use consoles as we deploy large scale systems. What I really don't like about v3.3.x vs v3.0.x is that Hikvision used to have the NVR push many more settings down to the Cameras (for example, Image settings such as Day/Night Mode, Rotate, WDR, ect) in v3.0.x and earlier.

I am told that Hikvision made a conscious decision that now the only settings the NVR will push to the Camera are Event Settings (motion/line intrusion, ect) and Video/Audio stream settings. For all Image/Display value you have to login to the Camera. When I ask why I was told that there are just too many different types of Cameras out there with different settings for the NVR to have all the options...sound like a poor excuse to me but for now it is what it is.

4xfire

n3wb
Reaction score
It does seem like they took the easy way when they designed this version of the firmware. I haven't had any major issues at this time, but another guy I was talking to said the updated firmware did not play nice with his older cameras.

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with that. We try not to use third party cameras with Hikvision NVRs at all... For continuous recording it's okay but we have noticed the video and audio stream settings and resolutions are prone to changing themselves. If you try and introduce motion then forget it!

Hikvision NVRs with Hikvision Cameras and iVMS-4200 or iVMS-5200 are a solid video solution with some nice unique features not found even on the most expensive NVR systems. But once you need multi vendor, access control and event correlation you need to look elsewhere.