New System Requirements

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been reading this forum a lot and now I'm planning on upgrading my current analog system to all Dahua products. I just need to make sure I get the right equipment for the cameras. The cameras I plan on getting are: (2) HDW5231R-Z, (2) SD22204T-GN, (1) SD42212T-HN, (1) SD49225T-HN or possibly just (2) HDW5231R-Z, and (4) SD22204T-GN.

My main questions are what NVR would work for those cameras and would I need a POE+ switch? Also anything else I'm missing. I'm sure there's a lot.

Thanks

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You would need a POE switch, would you be interested in using blue Iris ? This way you won't need to stay with one camera manufacturer, And it will kinda feature proof you . Nice Bi machine is around 300 to 600 depending on what you're running and your needs.

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
You would need a POE switch, would you be interested in using blue Iris ? This way you won't need to stay with one camera manufacturer, And it will kinda feature proof you . Nice Bi machine is around 300 to 600 depending on what you're running and your needs.
Thank you for the info. I've thought about Blue Iris but I don't fully understand it well enough yet to use it. I'm also confused about the price. Is a Bi machine something that would need to be purchased and required to work with Bi? As well as a Bi subsctiption? What would the pro's and con's be of Bi versus a NVR? I like having everything paid for and not having a subscription I need to worry about paying for evertime it expires.
Thank you

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I've thought about Blue Iris but I don't fully understand it well enough yet to use it. I'm also confused about the price. Is a Bi machine something that would need to be purchased and required to work with Bi? As well as a Bi subsctiption? What would the pro's and con's be of Bi versus a NVR? I like having everything paid for and not having a subscription I need to worry about paying for evertime it expires.
Thank you
Blue Iris is a ONE TIME $60.00 USA fee ... there are tons on pro to using bi like you can use any camera manufacture you want. The mobile app is prob the best on the market !! Look into it ,do your research, and read ,read, read,!!

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris is a ONE TIME $60.00 USA fee ... there are tons on pro to using bi like you can use any camera manufacture you want. The mobile app is prob the best on the market !! Look into it ,do your research, and read ,read, read,!!
Thanks again! For some reason I thought I read about a year ago that Bi was a subscription service. Glad that it's not. As for the POE switch, is that something I would definitely need or is that something that a NVR with POE could handle by itself?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been reading this forum a lot and now I'm planning on upgrading my current analog system to all Dahua products. I just need to make sure I get the right equipment for the cameras. The cameras I plan on getting are: (2) HDW5231R-Z, (2) SD22204T-GN, (1) SD42212T-HN, (1) SD49225T-HN or possibly just (2) HDW5231R-Z, and (4) SD22204T-GN.

My main questions are what NVR would work for those cameras and would I need a POE+ switch? Also anything else I'm missing. I'm sure there's a lot.

Thanks
Hi Kilwar,

I am new here and learning a lot from reading as well. IIRC from what I have read some of the PTZs need a PoE+ switch. If you get PoE built into the NVR double check that it will handle the PTZs POE requirements.

kilwar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kilwar,

I am new here and learning a lot from reading as well. IIRC from what I have read some of the PTZs need a PoE+ switch. If you get PoE built into the NVR double check that it will handle the PTZs POE requirements.
Thanks mat200, that's good info to know. I'll pay attention to those requirements.