New Member here, Add a camera + problem in BI

Reaction score
Thanks for any help! I've added two Cameras to BI, Cam 1 is Reolink and is working fine, 2nd is a Lorex with a zoom and working fine. When I try to add a third cam and click the + (plus) pops up as new camera (2) even though this should be cam 3. Even if I rename to 3, go to Find/inspect, it only finds the other 2 cams.
I tried a few other cams (Lorex) and different ports. At this point I'm not sure if this is a setting in BI or something else? Thanks in advance!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like a duplicate IP address problem to me. You need to go into the web GUI for each camera and manually assign an IP address to them that is in your network but out of the range of addresses used for DHCP. The Lorex, I believe, will come out of the box with a manually assigned address of 192.168.1.108 which is the default Dahua and Dahua OEM address (Lorex is OEM from Dahua). I'd go into each of the two that are already in BI and assign them new addresses first, redo "find/inspect" and save them with the new address. Then plug in the Lorex and use the web GUI to manually assign an address before adding it to Blue Iris.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Early on, when I got real (over)confident about adding cameras and how fast and easy it is to initialize and then "add" them in BI, I did that^^^ very thing; it was really strange to me because what would happen was BI would momentarily display the new feed in the window/pane for the first cam that had that IP address, then about 2-3 seconds later, revert to the first cam's display :facepalm:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assure you that your Reolink is not working fine unless you are only watching wildlife with it...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for any help! I've added two Cameras to BI, Cam 1 is Reolink and is working fine, 2nd is a Lorex with a zoom and working fine. When I try to add a third cam and click the + (plus) pops up as new camera (2) even though this should be cam 3. Even if I rename to 3, go to Find/inspect, it only finds the other 2 cams.
I tried a few other cams (Lorex) and different ports. At this point I'm not sure if this is a setting in BI or something else? Thanks in advance!
All user error. Read the help file, it's very helpful.
Blue Iris Support - YouTube

Reaction score
I've always set a fixed IP address before adding any camera to BI and BI has never switched views when using "find/inspect" with the correct IP entered for it to look for.
What I was saying was, if you attempt to add a camera into BI with an IP address that is already configured in BI with a previously implemented camera (i.e. two duplicate IP addresses in BI), then when you attempt to enable the new camera, BI will find it, display the feed from the newly-added camera in the window for the originally-installed camera, and then BI will quickly recognize the conflict and revert back to the feed from the originally-installed IP address camera (which of course has priority) and ignore the newly-installed one, until such user realizes his problem and goes back into the new camera and corrects the duplicate IP address situation ;)