New Laview DB6 2.1MP AI Doorbell Camera - Battery Powered.

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking through Laview and saw this newly listed, though it isn't for sale yet. Its a battery version of a doorbell camera. I assume its a rebranded Hikvision camera. The page is so new the video that is linked is wrong it shows the 3MP one we are used to that is hardwired only. Below is the correct Youtube video that was put up on May 28th. I wonder if they will add the ability for it to save to a NVR in addition to the MicroSD card. The hood on top of the unit seems like to could help with glare. Interested what you guys think. I still hope Dahua/ Hikvision or someone makes a premium Doorbell camera in the $200-300 pricepoint with a better sensor. Update: Just checked and it's 199.99 before the usual 15% off so really $170 seems a bit high.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It dual powered so it can be powered by either a battery or hardware as the video explained.

Also the app look Dahua"ish" so I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware and firmware behind is Dahua branded.

On the app where you connect the device to the wifi, it used a QR code which already embedded your wifi information and you hold it in front of the camera len for it to pick it up and apply it to its' firmware which will cause it to connect to your wifi. That step was one of the Dahua customer level app steps to connect their devices to wifi.

I do hope it Dahua because competition is a healthy and good for us customers :I

Safetyfirst

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It dual powered so it can be powered by either a battery or hardware as the video explained.

Also the app look Dahua"ish" so I wouldn't be surprised if the hardware and firmware behind is Dahua branded.

On the app where you connect the device to the wifi, it used a QR code which already embedded your wifi information and you hold it in front of the camera len for it to pick it up and apply it to its' firmware which will cause it to connect to your wifi. That step was one of the Dahua customer level app steps to connect their devices to wifi.

I do hope it Dahua because competition is a healthy and good for us customers :I
If it gets rtsp support it will be interesting.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I learned it may not be Dauha rebranded after checking and learned that they don't do business with Laview.