New ISP causing connection issues

lexmarkz51

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I had a new ISP installed at my house the other day and since then I have only been able to access my BI camera feeds from the IOS app while on my local wifi. When I am on a cellular network it will not connect. I have ensured that both my LAN and WAN address match what shows on the pc software. When I run the remote access wizard it notifies me that my actual internet/wan address is different than what my router shows. I only have one router. Nothing other than the ISP has been changed in my setup and everything worked flawlessly before. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

lexmarkz51

n3wb
Reaction score
My internet provider is Go Net Speed. It is a wired fiber optic connection.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm. I would think a new ISP would change a few things in your router. like DNS server numbers, Wan IP address, ipv6 address.........

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm guessing he's behind "carrier-grade NAT" which basically means no public IP and no port forwarding. It MIGHT be possible for Blue Iris to utilize UPNP to forward a port (via the remote access wizard), but it is also possible the ISP doesn't have that enabled. If the cost for a public static IPv4 address from them is $10/mo or less then it is probably worth getting. Otherwise I would suggest an alternative access method such as:

1) ngrok
2) Rent a cloud VPS to run a VPN server on, and use that as a proxy for inbound communications to the Blue Iris machine which would run a VPN client.

The latter is a lot more flexible, but requires strong networking skills unfortunately.

lexmarkz51

n3wb
Reaction score
My router is an Asus RT-AC68U. My DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I have not contacted the ISP yet. I should probably mention that my networking skill level is very low. I have just recently started to try and teach myself from online sources.
I have found a post online from a PLEX user that they had a similar issue as me with BI and getting a static IP from Go Net resolved their problems. Setting up a Plex server was next on my project list so I will contact them tomorrow to find out the price for a static IP.