New Install - Crashing after changes to setup

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have d/l the latest file and installed it on two different machines, one Windows 10 and one Windows 7 and the same error is occurring. Different sites and different quality of build.

Installed as default, 64 bit, add one camera and all works OK

Then add settings for rtsp stream to YouTube, ensure audio is enabled and test.

The after ANY change is made and or reboot, the application will open, display the correct image from the single camera for approx 5 seconds and then it crashes, rinse and repeat :(

Not running as a service, only in demo mode and no changes other than adding a camera, and they are different cameras.

flummoxed

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I too just installed the latest update to Blue Iris after updating Windows 10. After booting and starting Blue Iris all camera images returned but I received a windows 10 warning informing me that Blue Iris was not working and that I should click on the pop up to shutdown Blue Iris. Windows then said that it would let me know when the problem was fixed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I too just installed the latest update to Blue Iris after updating Windows 10. After booting and starting Blue Iris all camera images returned but I received a windows 10 warning informing me that Blue Iris was not working and that I should click on the pop up to shutdown Blue Iris. Windows then said that it would let me know when the problem was fixed
revert back to an older version

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
how would i revert back and are you sure the problem is not caused by the windows 10 update?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
how would i revert back and are you sure the problem is not caused by the windows 10 update?
you would need an old update file..that is why update should be done by downloading from the website not in the program....search this forum for "dropbox" to find user posted update files...
I dont know what is causing your issue...but that is what you can try...

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
i have looked through the forums for dropbox and cannot locate a suitable update prior to 4.7.2.4. can i download from the BI site the BI new install package and still retain my current camera configuration?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have looked through the forums for dropbox and cannot locate a suitable update prior to 4.7.2.4. can i download from the BI site the BI new install package and still retain my current camera configuration?
Yes export settings.. ensure that you have license key

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant export settings. The BI page shows the time stamps updating for about 2 seconds then it locks up the entire page so I cannot export settings. Can it be done via command line?

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
I downloaded a 4.6.9.2 update and installed it. This fixed my problem with BI. This indicates to me that the failure I experienced with BI yesterday was not the result of a windows 10 update but the result of the blue Iris 4.7.2.4 update. If one cannot reliably install software from the application then I would suggest that "feature" be removed and that BI (the company) maintain a depository of older updates going back 5 iterations so we don't have to hunt through the forum.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded a 4.6.9.2 update and installed it. This fixed my problem with BI. This indicates to me that the failure I experienced with BI yesterday was not the result of a windows 10 update but the result of the blue Iris 4.7.2.4 update. If one cannot reliably install software from the application then I would suggest that "feature" be removed and that BI (the company) maintain a depository of older updates going back 5 iterations so we don't have to hunt through the forum.
You can not suggest anything here...you can email support if you wish...there is nothing wrong with the update feature....it is common sense to keep older revisions...the issue is not with the 4.7.2.4 update but rather YOUR setup along with the update...for example, I as well as thousands of others do not have that problem...
Why do you need to rely on BI to do everything for you? dont like how the developer operates? There are 100 other VMS options...let us know what you choose.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you look at the link @fenderman left just prior to your last post? By the way, BI "the company", is just one guy.