New Dahua Flood light camera

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua releasing pretty cool Flood Light Active deterrent camera combo 2000LM of light.
But looks like it is WiFi only sooo no Poe powered Flood Light :(

Maybe Andy will be able to get some

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind being a test dummy, i have 2 locations that have floodlights AND PoE ready to go.... if they ever make a PoE version.

Reaction score
If they put PoE on it, I'd be all over that sucker.
Of course, that many LEDs would suck a PoE cable dry.
So use a relay, and wire it with PoE for the camera and AC line voltage or 12VDC power brick for the LEDs.

What I like most about this item is the camera placement flexibility. Much better than a turret. (for my particular placement)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If they put PoE on it, I'd be all over that sucker.
Of course, that many LEDs would suck a PoE cable dry.
So use a relay, and wire it with PoE for the camera and AC line voltage or 12VDC power brick for the LEDs.

What I like most about this item is the camera placement flexibility. Much better than a turret. (for my particular placement)
It consumes less than 40w so can easily be powered by poe if they wanted to.....

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I was talking about poe for the camera only. 40w is a lot of input power not counting voltage sag. Would have to be Hi-poe I'm guessing but still a cool idea!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I was talking about poe for the camera only. 40w is a lot of input power not counting voltage sag. Would have to be Hi-poe I'm guessing but still a cool idea!
The latest bt poe standard can supply 99w.

dimammx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yea i mean in this application it makes sense, but while browsing the web and came across POE office lights :facepalm:
WHY in the world would you need POE powered office lights ???

AS far as power consumption with current LED technology you can get around 180-200 Lumens per watt,
so-assuming good design of LEDs and power supply is used you only looking at about 14W power. (just for the flood light portion of the device)

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea i mean in this application it makes sense, but while browsing the web and came across POE office lights :facepalm:
WHY in the world would you need POE powered office lights ???
The primary reason for this is that you dont need to pull permits. hire an electrician to run the cables and you dont need inspection. In addition, many of them are connected lights so no need to run additional cables to wall switches and they can easily be controlled manually, by schedule, door/occupancy sensors, via app or centralized location.