New Clips not moving to stored folder

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
On Blue Iris 4

The new clips folder on the C drive has stopped moving its clips at the preset level ( 40gb) to the stored folder on my D drive resulting in the C drive filling up with clips and crashing Blue Iris.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the size of the new file too large if it's taking all of your room on C:

Usually the rule is 80-90% of the free space. For drive C: I could leave more space for windoze, as some of the updates really eat up drive space.

Once the limit is hit, BlueIris will start moving the files to the next folder. Don't forget, this takes drive time and CPU time, it will slow down BI.

You might want to show a shot of your clips and archive settings

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Personally, I don't move my video files, I write then straight to the video drives. They are large WD purple drives, so there is plenty of space there.

If you click on the graph icon, the one that looks like a lightning bolt coming out of a corner, it will show how your files are set up and problem areas.
You could post a copy of this screen also.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't altered any settings in Blue Iris. The new folder is set to 40gb before transferral and this has always been fine. But at the mo there is 93gb in the new folder so apparently the software is not shifting the files to the stored folder on D drive. There is space in the stored folder because its set to delite files when it reaches 90% full which has always been the setting. So the problem is blue iris is not moving the files to stored when it reaches 40gb as said there is 93gb in the new folder.
I could set it up to move the files dorectly to the D drive but this makes accessing the clips a slower operation apparently being the c drive is ssd .

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You say the C: drive is an SSD, correct. You should not be storing video files on the C drive, SSD's are not made for continuous file writing like a VMS does, this will hasten their failure.
There is no need to move file's from new to stored, there is no need to use the stored folder at all,
Put the new folder on the D drive, and put everything in it.
See the attached:

Attachments