New cameras to add with IPC-HDW2231R-ZS?

Kutalon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I've got a bit overwhelmed with amount of Dahua models so I thought that I will ask before purchase. I have few of IPC-HDW2231R-ZS cameras, I like the picture quality and I am looking for something with similar performance/ price range to add to my system.

I was thinking about its newer version: IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 (IPC-T2231T-ZS) and it's bullet equivalent IPC-HFW2231T-ZS-S2 for easier(?) pole installation. The light is quite limited here, so after some reading on this I thought that I shouldn't go over 2 Mpxs
Bullet version is not available anymore on @EMPIRETECANDY Aliexpress so is it still in sale?

Throughout last year I got 4 calls from police asking me if I could share my camera recordings because they are looking for a car driving by, due to that I am also thinking about adding 2 LPR cameras mounted on a pole next to the road. I've tested IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 with OpenALPR and it had some nice captures during the night (1/1000 for back and 1/2000 for front, couldn't get both at the same time).
11.jpeg 15.jpeg
There is an "island" in the middle of the road to slow down the traffic and it's widening the road right behind my fence. That allows for almost perfect 90 degrees of horizontal angle to the plates (at least in one direction) if I could zoom to or past that arrow sign (+ it's a bonus focus point for night). HDW2231T was almost on plates level so I can't have camera mounted that low and I need a bit more zoom and a bit more IR. Is IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E still the way to go for LPR?