New camera options

SD002

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I currently have 1 HDW5231R-Z setup to monitor my front door. I am now looking for another camera to install over my garage door pointed over my vehicles. I am more focused on night time viewing to catch anyone trying to mess with our cars. I purchased the HDW5231R-Z a while ago. Are there any better recommendations now that some time has passed?

I also have not updated my camera FW since installing it. I tried searching Dahua website, but have not been able to find any FW files for that model. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I currently have 1 HDW5231R-Z setup to monitor my front door. I am now looking for another camera to install over my garage door pointed over my vehicles. I am more focused on night time viewing to catch anyone trying to mess with our cars. I purchased the HDW5231R-Z a while ago. Are there any better recommendations now that some time has passed?

I also have not updated my camera FW since installing it. I tried searching Dahua website, but have not been able to find any FW files for that model. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Hi @SD002

I like to have 2 cameras covering the driveway - one on each side of the garage door.

I'd look at the new starlight+ reviews by members ( 4MP, thus x4xx in the model number )

SD002

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @SD002

I like to have 2 cameras covering the driveway - one on each side of the garage door.

I'd look at the new starlight+ reviews by members ( 4MP, thus x4xx in the model number )
Thanks @mat200 I have ran through the forum, but have not found a lot on the new starlights. Either im not looking right or theres not much out there on them yet. Not sure when they were released.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score