New Camera IP Issues?

athornfam2

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm kind of at a loss at where to go with this camera (ip5m-t1179ew-28mm). For some reason the camera will not recieve a DHCP address on my vlan 10 network (192.168.10.1-255). I know for a fact the vlan is working, can route where I need it to, and get DHCP because I have a set of 10 devices already on that vlan for the past year or so working. I'm still pulling my mind as I just recently moved my blueiris server to a new port group with a vlan 10 tag and it pulled a DHCP address successfully.

• The camera works - initial power on is successful and I'm able to view the camera on vlan 4 (192.168.4.0/24)
  • I can setup the camera and all the settings fine
  • When I change the vlan from 4 to 10 and perform a shut/no shut to reboot it stops working after that point
  • I've manually factory reset the device with no success
  • I've changed the vlan to 10 and manually factory reset with no success
  • I've setup a DHCP reservation and it still doesn't pull anything

Am I missing something?

athornfam2

n3wb
Reaction score
most cameras are configured with static IP addresses. Amcrest cameras sometimes are dahua camera, so the IP address will be 192.168.1.108. Use the dahua Ipconfig tool to set the ip address.
So, the camera was defaulting to DHCP but funny enough using the amcrest config tool worked. That's dumb that you have to do it that way but its fixed for now.