Network Monitor vs Dahua ONVIF

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a network monitoring system that I am trying out. It is able to pull, I think via onvif, information about my dahua cameras and also initiate a reboot.

This works great on 8 of my 10 cams. On 2 of them, this information is not collected and the remote reboot does not work. I cannot figure out what is different on these 2 cams from the other 8. the user/pw is correct for all 10 cams.

Is there a setting I am missing to allow remote access to the onvif data and controls (reboot in this case?)

See the attached for a screenshot of one of the 8 reporting cams and one of the 2 not reporting cams. Not sure what is different between these.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2020-09-23 162905.jpgScreenshot 2020-09-23 162958.jpg

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although by default they have the same username and password to start with, the ONVIF admin account is actually a separate account from the admin account that you use to login to the camera.

Might be worth logging into those two cameras, go to the ONVIF area, make sure the username you’re using is there, and then change the password to match the other cameras.

Chapin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That was it, thank you very much.

Not sure how 8 were set and one wasn't (the 10th one was added later and likely not configured the same). Pretty sure that I didn't set any of them. All had admin as an onvif user. It does seem to be a different pw than the general admin user for those two cameras. At any rate, I created new onvif users and now get status and reboot of all of them from the monitoring software.

Very cool, thanks again!