Need suggestions ASAP.....

Reaction score
I have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a good cam (1/1.8" sensor) that will look down a Very long hallway that is about 6 feet wide. Camera would be at one end of this hallway that runs 120 feet or more. This is a specialized dormitory for COVID isolation, and the camera is to be used to assist with monitoring. Either side of the hallway has bedrooms.

So-- fixed 6mm lens??? Varifocal to adjust to suit upon install? I doubt a VF would ever get adjusted again after being set.... If the rooms CLOSE to the cam install are not in the picture, that would be OK as primary facility usage is at other end of hall. I may be able to also place a cam at the other end of the hallway.... will need to find out about that.

Reaction score
PTZ with zoom?
or 1 camera at one end....2nd cam at other end? 120' is kinda far for a single camera, even for something like the 5442 series.

Reaction score
PTZ with zoom?
or 1 camera at one end....2nd cam at other end? 120' is kinda far for a single camera, even for something like the 5442 series.
With the hallway being only 6 or 7 feet wide, I ruled out PTZ--- the P would be pretty useless--- and yeah-- I was thinking of the 5442 series....

Reaction score
If always have lighting down the hallway (or good enough lighting), could go for the 8MP 4433R-series instead of 4MP to give that extra clarity.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just to give you an idea, I have a IPC-T5442T-ZE covering the rear walkway; its mounted @ 8ft high and in corridor mode. The one pic is zoomed out all the way, each fence panel 8ft, so the gate is 36ft away. A Vari-focal seems pointless but was only a few dollars more.

Attachments

Reaction score
Just to give you an idea, I have a IPC-T5442T-ZE covering the rear walkway; its mounted @ 8ft high and in corridor mode. The one pic is zoomed out all the way, each fence panel 8ft, so the gate is 36ft away. A Vari-focal seems pointless but was only a few dollars more.
this really looks like the best option for this-- hopefully I can place another cam at the other end of the hallway looking back.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did I miss an option somewhere to set the view? I swear all my shots came out landscape after rotating this camera to view in a corridor mode.