Need help with VTO2202f-p Dahua video intercom

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have bought the vto2202f-p Dahua intercom. I have initialized and configured it by connecting it directly to the computer. I have also set the SIP and IP adress to be compatible with my LAN network (192.168.0.x). It works fine.

However, after I connected the vto2202f-p to the switch (CISCO, SG220-26 26-Port Gigabit Smart Plus Switch) it doesn't work. There is no communication between the switch and VTO. It seems the switch doesn't see it. There is no LED blinking on the port on the switch. I tried different configuration of the switch and VTO, but with no results.
I treid to connect the VTO directly to the router. It has worked for some time (maybe a week) and there is the same situation as with the switch - no communication. When I connect the VTO to my computer, it always works.

What could be the problem, that when I connect the VTO to the LAN, it doesn't work?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like a power supply issue to me.
What voltage do you measure at the power pen's when the VTO seems to hang?

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I use PoE to power the VTO (48V). Therefore, the power supply should be ok. Same cable with PoE I connect to the computer and works fine.
When plug it to the switch - no connection...

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't understand? Does you computer deliver PoE from it's ethernet port??? It has to if you connect the cable from the VTO directly to your pc.

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
I use external PoE power supply. The ethernet cable goes trough it and provide power to the VTO from the one side and network from the other side. Therefore, the VTO has power and I can connect the ethernet cable to the computer or switch.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. You did not mention that.:)
What is the speed/duplex setting of your switch-port? Should be autoneg, in case of the VTO.
When eth connection fails, is the device still powered up? Is there any light on, any feedback when pressing the bell button?

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. You did not mention that.:)
What is the speed/duplex setting of your switch-port? Should be autoneg, in case of the VTO.
When eth connection fails, is the device still powered up? Is there any light on, any feedback when pressing the bell button?
The port has autonegotiation set.
Yes, the device is still powered up when the connection fails.
When I press the bell button, the LED lights up and the VTO tries to ring, but there is no network connection.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try different speed/duplex settings on the switchport 10/100/1000,full,half. Maybe you can find a setting the let the port come up.

Afaik these cheap PoE adapters/injectors are pure crap (20 y'rs experience as a network tech). I suggest to test the VTO with a external 12V power supply.
Does the switchport come up?

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
make sure your poe injector adapter works well(try other device with this injector)
after that if it's ok, try vto with a small poe switch for example 4port poe switch(ex, DH-PFS3006-4ET-60 )
I have DH-PFS3110-8ET-96 Dahua PoE switch. After connected the VTO to it, there is no power and no network connection... Therefore, the situation is even worse.

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
Try different speed/duplex settings on the switchport 10/100/1000,full,half. Maybe you can find a setting the let the port come up.

Afaik these cheap PoE adapters/injectors are pure crap (20 y'rs experience as a network tech). I suggest to test the VTO with a external 12V power supply.
I changed settings of the switch port

uboot

n3wb
Reaction score
I was trying changing diffrernet settings of the switchport. No results, unfortunately.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Simply connect 12V from any power supply to the pins 12V and GND on the backside. This should power up the VTO and you can connect it directly to any network port without a PoE adapter.

sina55555

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DH-PFS3110-8ET-96 Dahua PoE switch. After connected the VTO to it, there is no power and no network connection... Therefore, the situation is even worse.
so your vto's board is corrupt. because i used this model and there is no issue with this for poe and ethernet link

sina55555

n3wb
Reaction score

i don't think so that this problem is about poe injector because the main issue is on poe switch and when i tested this model with poe switch DH-PFS3006-4ET-60 by default configuration it works and ok with ethernet switch

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It might not be power itself, but due to many contacts for ethernet wires, poe-adapter in, out,... one single bad contact can cause the eth link to fail. So the risk of having exactly the behaviour you described, is pretty high.
Off couse you can try it on another ethernet switch or dig even deeper, connect uart to VTO and see what's wrong when it losses connection.
But this is a lot more to read and understand... Good luck!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use such PoE adapter
View attachment 95338
The cable on the right in this picture is NOT made correctly to 568A or 568B standards. No wonder it won't work. Correctly crimp a new RJ45 on that cable. If the other end looks like that, replace it too.

sina55555

n3wb
Reaction score
The cable on the right in this picture is NOT made correctly to 568A or 568B standards. No wonder it won't work. Correctly crimp a new RJ45 on that cable. If the other end looks like that, replace it too.
yes! incorrect cable connector can makes it not work correctly...