Need help with Tripwire function setup

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently bought and installed several IP cameras and an NVR (Dahua). Setup of motion detection with push notifications works great, but for the life of me, I cannot get the tripwire notification to work. I watched many YouTube videos as well as the Dahua instruction video. Any help (through Team Viewer perhaps?) is appreciated.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First question is if the camera are properly set up with IVS, is it actually working? Does the NVR or camera record there are IVS events?
Have you set you set up the camera with the correct Smart Plan. Log in to camera Event\Smart Plan\IVS (Smart IVS). (Easy to miss and not needed for Motion detection).

What camera and NVR are you running?
Do you use GDMSS/IDMSS or DMSS to on your phone?

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. I am using the Dahua NVR4208-4KS2 with Dahua HDW-2431-TM-AS-S2 cameras. I have IDMSS on my phone. Yes, I setup the Smart IVS, drew the tripwire, but cannot get the push notifications. I do get push notifications thru Motion detection, but I prefer to use Tripwire!. I must be missing something in the setup. I have watched several setup videos but still cannot get tripwire to work. I am an old guy (79 years) so it is posible I am not doing things correctly. I appriciate any help to get this working.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi! We're all here to help each other's. And wow, impressive age !

As I see it can be either of two things: app not subscribed for Tripwire or Tripwire not being triggered.

The first I would check if you have subscribed to the IVS events on IDMSS.
This is how to do it on the Android version GDMSS (similar on IOS).
Go to messages, Alarm Subscription (Bell and Plus icon in top left corner), click AI Analysis and then Tripwire, choose channel and save.
You would have done this for Motion detection as well I guess.

If you've done this already i would make sure your camera/NVR actually triggers by the tripwire.

Go to the NVR and playback and you can filter out the events and only look for intelligent (IVS), motion etc.

The iDMSS app is not perfect to monitor events, personally I use the GDMSS app instead.

Good luck!

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem with checking the NVR actually triggering due to a tripwire event.

You mentioned 'Go to the NVR and playback and you can filter out the events and only look for intelligent (IVS), motion etc. ' On the bottom of the screen, I only have the choice of 'Motion' and 'Human'. I also see 'All Rule', but no 'Tripwire'. Help!

On the Apple Store I found GDMSSPLUS and GDMSSLITE. Is one of those the one to use?

I really appreciate the help so far. However, the wife just informed me that we have to go to Costco. If i do not repond right away to your next answer, you know the reason! Please keep helping me.

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi again.

I do see DMMS app in the Apple Store. Is that the one?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
A possible reason, which tripped me up in the past.

In "Setting", "Storage", "Schedule", "Record" make sure IVS is enabled to record on those days & times you desire.
See the orange lines below.

Good luck,
Fastb
1617389871112.png

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now I actually looked at the NVR and the correct name of the menu is Search (to playback recordings).
In the bottom of the screen you have the different check boxes, yellow is 'motion'and blue/Intelligent=IVS=Tripwire etc.

In the picture you see I have no blue IVS alerts present.

Yes, DMSS app is the one. But for now you can leave it out as you have confirmed motion triggers push notification so let's stick to iDMSS S it works so far.

I'm out for tonight. Just came in from the barn after "taking care" of my angry ram (?)(male sheep). Freezer will be full again soon. This Tuesday I will take care of my big boar, an old Swedish race with a lot of hair.
I also breed Mangalica, an Hungarian pig that look like a mix between pig and sheep. Google it and it'll give you a smile.

Attachments

Last edited:

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds you have a wonderful live!
I have attched 3 screen shots. Perhaps you can use them. I ave walked passed the tripwire I have drawn, but get no trigger or recording! It is driving me crazy.

It is 8:30 PM now in Huntington Beach. I am going to visit one of my sons who is 'under the weather'. Please keep helping me.
File_001.jpegFile_002.jpeg
Good night
File_003.jpeg

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi!

I have experienced that it's better to do all the camera related settings on the camera itself- instead of the NVR. For best result you should use Internet Explorer.

Log in to the camera and share a screenshot of your tripwire settings. I'm pretty the solution is there (I hope!).

I noted another similar thread now that I scrolled through the new posts in the morning. Check this out, it is DMSS/IOS related but it may help you.

Another way to test is to add the camera directly to the app and skip the NVR. This is possible if you run the camera on the same network as the NVR.
Long story short, do you use a NVR with POE? Do the cameras connect directly to the NVR or so they connect to a separate switch?
This procedure is not preferable as it may complicate things, depending on your network experience/skills.

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good Morning,

The cameras are directly connected to the POE input connectors on the NVR. The NVR has assigned a new IP address. So how do I get to the camera directly?

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If needed, I could disconnect the camerars from the NVR and do a factory reset, then connect thru a power injecter switch to my network. If this is the way to go then I will do it.
When I reconnect to the NVR, do I first select Static DNS on the cameras so that the NVR can not assign a new IP addresss, or should connect the POE switch to the NVR input?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No reason to disconnect the cameras....

Go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - it did for my neighbors Lorex. From there you can set schedules for day/night or a time schedule.

1611926899349.png

This thread will help you too:

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I got to one of the camera's Smart Plan IVS Rule Config page. I verified the tripwire setting and saved it. See attached. Nowe what?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think you will find that tripwire is too small. Make the line stretch to where you will have a person's head pass through the IVS line. It is called a tripwire, but having it just down at the feet will be missed. I would extend that IVS all the way across the screen down that brick line and up into the garage area where a head would pass.

Look at the thread I linked for more info on how to set the NVR up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That works, but even better consider changing that to an intrusion box and select enters and crosses that way it will get someone in the middle. Someone entering from the garage side could walk thru landscaping and would not pass that left line of the tripwire.

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed to Intrusion with Action set to Appears and Cross. I have gone uotside to try to trigger the alram, but see no results. What am I is missing?

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would you be willing to either having a telephone conversation or a TeamViewer session?