Need help with Top-201 IP cam

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one of the Top-201 IP cameras and am pulling my hair out trying to get it into my viewing software. I've changed the IP address to be static on my Windows-based network. ONVIF Device Manager sees the camera and I get a live view from there. However, I cannot get it to appear in IVMS-4500 on my iPhone 6 (using my local network), nor can I view it in IE, Chrome or IVMS-4200 Client on my Windows 7 PC.

I've attached a screenshot from ONVIF Device Manager. The HTTP port 69 is one I assigned based on the configuration of my other cameras (ports 70, 71, 72, etc). Can someone please take a look and see if things are configured correctly? Am I doing something wrong? I have 5 additional Hik cameras and all work properly.This thing has been driving me crazy for the past 3 weeks. Thanks in advance for your help.
ONVIF_Top-201.jpg

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
So in the browser address bar, are you using http://10.0.1.89:69 to attempt the access?
Okay- I tried in IE with the http:// prefix and I'm in! I hadn't previously added that and obviously needed to do so. I'm still unable to access the camera with IVMS-4500 on my iPhone- I get a "Failed to receive data from the device" error. Any ideas? and Thank You!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you have a hik NVR? typically you need to run non-brand cameras through a nvr to get them to work with the brand's software.. that app only speaks hik's language, so you need a hik NVR connected to it to make that cam work with that app.. I dont have alot of experience with IVMS but its how DMSS works.

Pardigital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Ion EyeSurv NVR. I guess I didn't pay any attention to the fact the that IVMS was a Hik app. I've tried several different apps so far and haven't had any luck connecting.