Need Help With New 4k Camera.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have always been able to correct this problem one way or another but not this time. I am asking the forum for some ideas. Look at the roof in the center of the video as it seems to move around. This is with everything set back to the factory settings or a least I think they are. I was in the middle of trying to fine tune this camera when I first noticed the problem and could not correct it. There is the posibilty I might have to live with this and just minimize it.

(13) Camera 1 NVR 1 A - YouTube

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I went as high as I could with the bit rate and that pretty much solved the problem. The bitrate had changed on me while I was fine tuning the camera. One other thing I noticed is if I set the frame rate at 16 and match it with the I frame interval the roof starts to get shakey again. If I double the I frame rate of the bitrate to 32 it settles down again. The software wants to do this automatically. Now back to find tuning the camera. This is the 4K PTZ with the 4/3" sensor. I received the camera about a month ago and just got around to mounting high on the eave at the back of the house.

While on the subject I may have Wildcat_1 fine tune my Dahua DH-SD5A425XA-HNR. It is in color at night. I will wait until he is through with the review of the Dahua 4K camera with the 1/1.2" sensor. That is top priority. :) The other thing is I am having trouble finding is a manual for the DH-SD8A820WA-HNF. There are some things I do not understand in the exposure/manual section. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this camera.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Update. I went back and checked the bitrate and I frame rate on my other Dahua DH-SD8A820WA-HNF camera. They were both set at 16 and I had to look close, but I noticed a little wavyness in the video as above. I changed the I frame rate to 32 and that pretty much went away. That may be the way to go with the new Dahua cameras. The I frame rate is double the bitrate.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it's a function of resolution and frame rate more than anything else. The 5442 does the same thing if the bit rate isn't high enough.