Need help finding a prepackaged solution that can be used with Blue Iris in the future

Smoke45

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for something that's easily set up, will push notifications thru to mobile phones, allows remote viewing, and will be compatible with Blue Iris in the immediate future. I've done my best to find something, but with time being limited I was hoping the pros could help.

My problem is my GF just bought a new home. We knew we wanted security cameras running thru Blue Iris for it, but it wasn't something that took priority at the time. Well, the previous owner has started to become a concern. There's been a handful of red flags since signing & they've been coming up with more & more reasons to come back around. Including showing up unannounced & watching my GF thru the window without saying anything. Maybe they were being polite & didn't want to interrupt her working, but with me going on nightshift soon I'd rather play it safe & get some security cameras ASAP.

I don't mind if there's a subscription fee or paying a premium. Just looking for any suggestions that will get the cameras online & notifying me until I have the time to do it the right way.

Thanks so much for your help!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear that.

You don't want anything subscription based or paying a premium.

You will find the time to set up Blue Iris and NVR for basic notifications is about the same, so why waste money on a system that isn't going to be that great. The advantage to BI is obviously much more granular control, but to just hang up some cameras and get basic notifications, it is quick to set up.

For example, a Costco Lorex system you can just pull the video into Blue Iris, but then you are dealing with cameras that are on an less than ideal MP/sensor ratio and you will then start exchanging them out.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
5442 varifocal and dahua nvr series 4xxx without poe switch from andy

and smart managed poe switch from amazon

problem solved, take only 10min for ordering and paying

if you have time, you just have to change the nvr