Need an option to change remote viewer startup defaults.

evantl1

n3wb
Reaction score
I use IE and ActiveX exclusively...the Java functionality in any browser I've tried is unacceptable with no image sizing or playback controls. It is extremely inconvenient to always have to switch from Java to ActiveX/MPEG to get useable performance and player control. Having to then select "All Clips" in order to make any practical use of the playback function is also something I shouldn't have to do every time the remote viewer is opened or refreshed. It shouldn't be terribly difficult from a coding perspective to add browser detection and automatic selection of ActiveX.MPEG whenever the browser is IE. As to selection of "all clips", that should default to the user's last selection. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Any chance "the fix" to this impractical design is on somebody's to-do list for a future release?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use IE and ActiveX exclusively...the Java functionality in any browser I've tried is unacceptable with no image sizing or playback controls. It is extremely inconvenient to always have to switch from Java to ActiveX/MPEG to get useable performance and player control. Having to then select "All Clips" in order to make any practical use of the playback function is also something I shouldn't have to do every time the remote viewer is opened ot refreshed. It shouldn't be terribly difficult from a coding perspective to add browser detection and automatic selection of ActiveX.MPEG whenever the browser is IE. As to selection of "all clips", that should default to the user's last selection. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Any chance "the fix" to this impractical design is on somebody's to-do list for a future release?
it works automatically for me...if you want a feature added email support...the blue iris developer doesnt read this forum....
Not sure why you think alerts being default is "useless"...regardless bitching about it here then telling US how easy it is, or how impractical the design is for you wont help...email support...

Vick

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the UI2 Interface. You can find info on it in this forum. It does everything I want and does it extremely well. If you think BI is bad, you should try one of those all in one NVR's from China. You'll have a new appreciation for this software after jacking around with those things!
Hey Thank You so much for the UI2 interface comment. I was going crazy trying to find a better way to view my cameras remotely. I have headless computer setup to run BI and record 24/7 and viewing from my other computer at home via IE was a true pain and not to mention ugly. UI2 is perfect and beautiful.
I tried to run BI on my main PC from which i normally view the cams but i kept getting license expired or demo on my paid BI im guessing due to inputting the key in 2 different BI's running at the same time. I wish BI would allow for that! What i did was point the BI directory to my remote drive and would view the recorded video from the BI interface which was way smoother and not to mention clear image. Viewing previously recorded clips in IE is grainy and pixelated for some reason.
Anyway i wanted to thank " drunkpenguin" for the UI2 referral.
Cheers everyone.