Mystery of the missing package.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guy drops off Amazon package at my front door around 10am. I confirmed via the front door camera and the driveway camera that the guy had a package coming into premise but not one in hand leaving. I check the camera upon arriving around 12:20 in the afternoon but no package can be found. Repeatedly check camera but see nothing no motion between drop of and me scratching my head wondering what happened. Looked around even got wife and neighbor involved but we came up empty. Can only figure a gust of wind took my package to the land of OZ. BTW don't believe white packaging is a great idea during winter months in snow belt areas.

Attachments

Last edited:

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you recording 24/7 to see if your system simply missed the motion?
Recording motion 24/7 yes but decreased sensitivity during winter do to high wind triggers. That being said able to record moving objects as small as squirrels.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Am I the only one that can't view the OP's attached video?
I've tried opening in Brave, Chrome and even downloaded to my PC and tried opening with VLC, no joy. It says the file is only 1.1K on the attachment and the downloaded file as 2K.

Que pasa? :idk:

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I the only one that can't view the OP's attached video?
I've tried opening in Brave, Chrome and even downloaded to my PC and tried opening with VLC, no joy. It says the file is only 1.1K on the attachment and the downloaded file as 2K.

Que pasa? :idk:
Fixed, should be working now.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I'm looking for an event that wasn't triggered I search by 50% (go 50% between the time you know the package was there and when you know it was gone), then if it's gone at 50% go 50% further. Example:

0 Mins (Package is present)
10 Mins (No Package)

Check @ 5 Mins (Package is there)

Check @ ~7:30 Mins (No Package is there)

Check @ ~ 6:15 Mins (Package is there)

Check @ ~ 7 Mins (Package is there)

Now you've narrowed the activity down to 30 seconds of footage. This is a common search technique in computer programming but works incredibly efficiently when trying to find an event in our footage