my laptop cannot connect to camera, but PC is able.

kakaru

n3wb
Reaction score
on my old pc(2 NIC), if I connect like this 'second NIC'---'POEswitch'---'camera', it works...I can connect web interface and do any other things. but on my laptop(1NIC, 1wifi), if I connect 'NIC'---'POEswitch'---'camera', not work....I can only find camera in dahua configuration tool(from dahua wiki), cannot do all other things..include web interface(configuration tool's IP change is not work too). if I do ping to camera's ip(dahua default 192.168.1.108) on cmd, it indicates 'general failure'. camera is dahua 5231R-ZE but amcrest IP2M-851E is same...I think it is not related with camera's problem.
Of course, I'm tried this
1) camera hardware reset
2) make exist them in same subnet(camera is 192.168.1.108 and computer adapter ipv4 setting is 192.168.1.10, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0)
3) disable anti virus
4) new PC(1 NIC) is same with laptop.

absolutely, old PC works with same methode...I think it is related with firewall or hidden network setting.

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you turn off or disable WIFI on the notebook when connecting via the NIC?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd speculate that the PC second NIC is using the same ip address range as the one the config tool shows the camera is on. And it's not the same range as has been issued to the laptop by the DHCP in the router.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the laptop, I suggest you flush your DNS & reset your TCP/IP as follows:

From Windows, click on Start, search for cmd.
  • Right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator".
  • In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
  • Hit <enter>
  • If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
  • Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
  • Hit <enter>
Once done, restart your laptop.

kakaru

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd speculate that the PC second NIC is using the same ip address range as the one the config tool shows the camera is on. And it's not the same range as has been issued to the laptop by the DHCP in the router.
There is no router in this situation. What is former means? I'm tried change NIC's address to avoid crash with something can't visible(both PC and laptop) 192.168.1.x, x=10, 11,100, 123...

kakaru

n3wb
Reaction score
On the laptop, I suggest you flush your DNS & reset your TCP/IP as follows:
From Windows, click on Start, search for cmd.
Right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator".
In the console, type the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
Hit <enter>
If the command was successful, you will see the message "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache".
Afterwards, type: netsh int ip reset
Hit <enter>
Once done, restart your laptop.
commands are work but same. There's something I didn't say, If I ping to itself(ex 192.168.1.10, same with network adapter's setting), laptop indicates general failaure but pc indicates normal messages.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
draw a diagram of your complete network with the IP address of each device. If there is no router then all The IP address must be static and there is no DHCP. With out a router how is the wifi working at all.

kakaru

n3wb
Reaction score
draw a diagram of your complete network with the IP address of each device. If there is no router then all The IP address must be static and there is no DHCP. With out a router how is the wifi working at all.
yes I don't want DHCP. more detail connection description,
1) cumputer's 8P8C port---POEswitch' uplink port
2)POEswitch's port---camera's 8P8C port
this is all. ip of cumputer's network adapter is 192.168.1.10, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. camera's ip is 192.168.1.108(dahua default)
the switch is unmanaged

kakaru

n3wb
Reaction score
I found it. I've deleted commercial vpn software(it uses its own network adaptor). no problem now.