My iOS push notifications are a little slow, how to troubleshoot?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've noticed that my push notifications can take 3-4 seconds from the time AI confirms an alert and the notification arrives on my iPhone. Where do I begin to troubleshoot this? Maybe this is expected, what is your experience?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A lot depends on your network and components and your overall bandwidth usage, and the speed of the network you are on if away from home.

Plus there was a set of BI versions that I was experiencing a 4-8 second delay. Rollback and it would be snappy, so maybe you are caught in that version?

If you have a lot of heavy streaming going on in your home, the push probably goes out during a buffering event. More devices equals potential for a delay.

I have noticed when mine start to take longer, a reboot of the router usually gets it snappy again.

Have you had the BI log up during a triggered event and see how long it takes after the push shows up in the log? Maybe it is a log on the confirmation?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Re-booted everything and it's a little better. The log shows around a 2.5 second delay between confirmation and notification sent to my iPhone.