Multiple Storage Folders and Drives

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just ran in to an issue that now I am not sure is a problem or the software just isn't designed as I expected it to be. I have multiple storage drives and I had planned on storing video from select cameras to select drives. Camera 1-3 drive 1, camera 4-6 drive 2, Alerts drive 3. I set up the storage folders as such, Alerts, New_1 and New_2, but when going into the camera settings Alerts and New_1 are only showing on the drop down list. I expected to see all the folders I setup with drives.

Am I using it out of design or is there an issue with the third folder not showing up?

1.png2.png3.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off, DO NOT change the Alerts, New and Stored folders to any other names. The BI help file is clear on that. You will mess up your system. It needs those 3 folders even if you don't use them.

You made Storage folder New_2 and it doesn't see that as it is expecting that to be Storage, so that is why you don't see it in the drop down.

Use the Aux names - those you can change and then set up the cameras the way you want putting them to different drives.

xGROMx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, that worked. I will say, its been a while sence I had looked at the help file, what a change.