MP4 Export Playback Issue

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am having an issue playing MP4 exported from BI. If I play the file in VLC it only shows an image about every second all other times the image is black. I also notice the same issue playing some MP4 files from other posts here. If I export a MP4 file directly from the camera it plays fine. Does anyone know how to fix this.

Thank
Mike

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yup, plays back fine for me too. Sounds like it the computer your are playing it back on giving you the issue. May want to uninstall and reinstall VLC. Also check and see if Windows needs to apply any updates.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a different program or a different device. I have one computer that my exports play black screen on.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried serval different program with same results. The file does play fine on my laptop. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks
Mike

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figured out what is causing the issue. It is my AMD RX 5600 XT video card driver. If I enable hardware decode in VLC or Chrome I have the issue. There is some sort of bug with the driver that is impacting the hardware decode. I still can not get Windows Media Player or Movies & TV to work because where the option the turn off the hardware decode missing.

1620516165839.png