Motion detection not working with Owl Box - help tweaking

iseeker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I've installed my temp rig for my owl box. I've been tweaking the motion settings to just trigger when movement is seen on the owl box (see picture 2). I've included my current motion settings in the pictures below. The second picture shows Zone A, the only zone that I've shaded anything; all other zones cleared. The youtube clip below shows the type of motion that I'm trying to detect. Nothing triggered that night, and I'm not sure why. It sees some motion but doesn't trigger. Any thoughts on tweaks? Then I can work on my crappy video settings (need to get the sunrise/sunset utility; really backlit sometimes).

Motion Sensor Settings.jpgmotion zones.jpgobject detection.jpgIMG_8182.JPG

Dahua 5231R-ZE camera with PFA130 junction box.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I've installed my temp rig for my owl box. I've been tweaking the motion settings to just trigger when movement is seen on the owl box (see picture 2). I've included my current motion settings in the pictures below. The second picture shows Zone A, the only zone that I've shaded anything; all other zones cleared. The youtube clip below shows the type of motion that I'm trying to detect. Nothing triggered that night, and I'm not sure why. It sees some motion but doesn't trigger. Any thoughts on tweaks? Then I can work on my crappy video settings (need to get the sunrise/sunset utility; really backlit sometimes).

View attachment 125514View attachment 125515View attachment 125516View attachment 125517

Dahua 5231R-ZE camera with PFA130 junction box.
You need to drop the minimum object size to the lowest setting. That's a tiny frame.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Even then what's shown in the video isn't much motion to trigger anything. Maybe try the "hot spot" zone within the motion settings. Normally don't want that since it will trigger on everything but might work in this case. Guessing that you're already recording continuous to get everything regardless of triggers.