Motion Detection Help

IronMan13

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. needing some help/guidance on getting motion detection setup in a way that reduces false positives as much as possible. Been searching the web for awhile now and came across this forum and looks like there are some potential options but wanted to get some feedback before i go making any irreversible changes :)

I have my own setup with amcrest IP8M-T2499EW cameras using agentdvr with the deepstack integration and its been working pretty well in limiting false positives and only recording people and/or cars in the scene.

My parents wanted a security system setup at their place and they didn't have a good enough PC to exactly mimic my setup so we ended up getting the amcrest NCR bundle for them

We have the cameras installed and all up and working but i've been having issues getting the motion detection tweaked properly. They live in the country so at night there are bugs/insects/spiders galore and they are also surrounded by woods so having issues in the day when its windy with trees/shadows moving. So was hoping to do something similar to my setup with using AI/smarter detection to limit it to picking up people only, but hopefully with an option that doesn't involve upgrading their PC and/or buying a new system since they just bought this one.

So i saw the thread about putting the Dahua firmware on amcrest cameras and NVRs and it enabling the advanced AI/IVR features and am wondering if thats my solution here? If i put that firmware on the NVR and Cameras will i be able to setup motion detection to only recognize people and record then? Would I have to update both the NVR and the cameras? or just one or the other to accomplish it?

Thanks for the help!

CarlosBarletta

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hello There, it would be best to only run Amcrest Firmware in the Amcrest Technologies. Please feel free to email us back at escalation@amcrest.com so you can schedule a call with a remote session with one of our Escalation Team Members to help fine tune the system. Amcrest Team