Min / Max size - Intrusion Detection

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Helpful lot - can someone help me appreciate how can I set min and max size parameters for Intrusion Detection event? I see the two buttons on the camera configuration page but if I click on them nothing happens...

Camera model: DS-2CD2347G1-LU
Firmware version: V5.6.5 build 200316 (latest on UK Portal). Camera self rebooted when I upgraded it to this version.

1607365726260.pngignore the skip! lol!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have that camera, but usually you select that and then go to the image with the mouse and start drawing a box like you did for the Intrusion.

Or the update messed it up. Typical practice here is not to update unless it is fixing a problem YOU are experiencing with the camera - if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have that camera, but usually you select that and then go to the image with the mouse and start drawing a box like you did for the Intrusion.

Or the update messed it up. Typical practice here is not to update unless it is fixing a problem YOU are experiencing with the camera - if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
It wasn't working before either.... so I upgraded. It is still the same after upgrade.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that is a bummer - hopefully someone with that model will chime in.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the two buttons on the camera configuration page but if I click on them nothing happens...
What browser are you using?
I just tried on the same camera model with Firefox 83.0 (Linux) and the setting worked OK.

Try clicking the 'Clear' button first, before any configuration.

Reaction score
You should be able to click the "min" (or "max") button, then left-click/drag on the image to draw a rectangle, as others have stated.

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What browser are you using?
I just tried on the same camera model with Firefox 83.0 (Linux) and the setting worked OK.

Try clicking the 'Clear' button first, before any configuration.
so it works with Firefox on PC :rolleyes: I was under the impression that IE is the most suitable for web access of NVR on windows.

But I can't see the NVR live view on Firefox. It says web component missing - though I have installed it multiple times (yes I closed the browser when I installed it). However if I trying logging into the camera I can see the live view - bonkers.

Any clue why I only see 1 region in the drop down? Is this something to do with the camera model? I thought I could define multiple areas for intrusion in the same camera view....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so it works with Firefox on PC :rolleyes: I was under the impression that IE is the most suitable for web access of NVR on windows.
Sorry - I thought you were accessing a camera, as implied on your first post :

The V5.5.x camera firmware doesn't need the webcomponents plugin nor IE11, it's using websocket.
If you are attempting to do the intrusion detection settings via an NVR, you'll only get a subset of the configurable options.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But I can't see the NVR live view on Firefox. It says web component missing - though I have installed it multiple times (yes I closed the browser when I installed it). However if I trying logging into the camera I can see the live view - bonkers.
The camera is using the new version firmware that's plugin-free and works natively with browsers other than IE11.
The NVR you are using still requires IE11 and webcomponents.
Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc do not support the webcomponents type of ActiveX plugins, and have not for quite some time.

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry - I thought you were accessing a camera, as implied on your first post :

The V5.5.x camera firmware doesn't need the webcomponents plugin nor IE11, it's using websocket.
If you are attempting to do the intrusion detection settings via an NVR, you'll only get a subset of the configurable options.
Sorry I should have been clearer.

Yes I was accessing the camera (and not the NVR) to configure these options. So I can now access the min/max option via Firefox - which weren't working via IE11.
Via firefox:
  • I don't see the option to set the Percentage?! Why is that. I see that on NVR, but it is greyed out and I can't modify it.
  • Also I get only 1 region to define the intrusion

On a separate note, I also access NVR via the web browser. If I do that via Firefox, it doesn't load the live view and says web component missing. The versions for NVR are below:
1607429412166.png

JT_Singh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera is using the new version firmware that's plugin-free and works natively with browsers other than IE11.
The NVR you are using still requires IE11 and webcomponents.
Firefox, Chrome, Edge etc do not support the webcomponents type of ActiveX plugins, and have not for quite some time.
What about the regions options? Why can't I select more than 1 region? I see only 1 in the dropdown....

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On a separate note, I also access NVR via the web browser. If I do that via Firefox, it doesn't load the live view and says web component missing
Yes, that version of NVR firmware does not support 'websocket' and still needs IE11 and the webcomponents plugin.