Memory Leak

GodLucs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Any help would be apreciated:
Everytime I make a network bridge with two network adapters blueiris starts to consume memory infinitely.

Does anyone know why?

GodLucs

n3wb
Reaction score
How much memory is BI using before and after your bridge setup?
BI is using a maximum of 15% memory without the bridge.
When the bridge is made, it consumes up to 100% memory until the server crashes.
The memory isn't released until the server is restarted - not even restarting BI services releases it.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI is using a maximum of 15% memory without the bridge.
When the bridge is made, it consumes up to 100% memory until the server crashes.
The memory isn't released until the server is restarted - not even restarting BI services releases it.
Is this on a WIN 10 box? Home made system? Updated BIOS and all too?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Everytime I make a network bridge with two network adapters blueiris starts to consume memory infinitely.
Could you describe in more detail what you think you've done. Include details like the subnet and ip address used by each adapter, make of the adapter, and exactly how you're bridging the networks. A little detail about your personal understanding of networking could help too.

Have you looked at task manager, are you certain BI is what's consuming the resources?

Last edited:

GodLucs

n3wb
Reaction score
If you shut down BI, does the same thing occur when it's not running?
No, if I shut down BI it doesn't consumes memory till the server crash.
Our server has 64Gb Memory, if I, for example, close BI service with 32GB Ram utilized, it stabilizes the memory on 32Gb.

GodLucs

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you describe in more detail what you think you've done. Include details like the subnet and ip address used by each adapter, make of the adapter, and exactly how you're bridging the networks. A little detail about your personal understanding of network would help too.

Have you looked at task manager, are you certain BI is what's consuming the resources?
Of course.
Two adapters
1652123557224.png

When I bridge both connections it creates a virtual adapter with those two connections merged.
1652124136082.png
And theres not much configuration I can do with it, but set the IP, Net Mask, Gateway and DNS Servers I want.
Netmask: 255.255.192.0

The task manager doesn't show all the memory consumption being the BI service, but honestly it's the only thing running on this server and if I close BI service and let the server run by itself the memory stabilizes as it should.

Rn I bridged the networks again, soon the memory will reach 50% again:
1652124539629.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What happens if you don't bridge and just run the two networks and BI? Still die over time?

GodLucs

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the point in bridging them - what are you trying to accomplish?
With 64 cameras working simultaneously the network throughput is a lot. When bridging two network adapters I have double the performance.
1652178880840.png

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Your screenshot shows one of the NICs disabled? So with it disabled what is the point unless that was just an example?

Sphinxicus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The task manager doesn't show all the memory consumption being the BI service, but honestly it's the only thing running on this server and if I close BI service and let the server run by itself the memory stabilizes as it should.

Rn I bridged the networks again, soon the memory will reach 50% again:
It is possible that stopping BI is showing the symptom of increasing memory usage dissapear because by doing so you have reduced the amount of traffic on the interface. Can you generate the same amount of throughput over the bridged interface without using BI and see if the same issue occurs?

With 64 cameras working simultaneously the network throughput is a lot. When bridging two network adapters I have double the performance.
View attachment 127674
Does the above image show your baseline with all your 64 cameras running? Obviously the above is nowhere near saturating a Gigabit link. 81 Megabit/s = 0.081 Gigabits/s. What is the total value in the Status Window > Cameras Tab in BI (gives a total value in bottom left)?

Also, when you bridged your interfaces in what i assume was a Link Aggregation/Bond configuration, did you create the reciprocal LAGG on the two switch interfaces that your host is cabled into so as not to end up with a layer 2 loop?

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please post a diagram of the network topology indicating things like switches, routers, subnets, and network interfaces and the subnets of each part of the network.