Main Stream (in Blue Iris) when solo is at 1FPS only but ~30fps in browser.

ijuice

n3wb
Reaction score
I used to be able to get full 30 fps when viewing the main stream in Blue Iris but now when I look at the status it shows that my Main stream and Sub Stream are both just 1 fps.

1641434003055.png

Status shows that it should be doing better than that..
1641434052497.png

because when viewing from a browser:
1641434376189.png

Ideas? Can't figure this one out.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
your still getting 29-30 Fps.
according to BI log.
and most of our seasoned veterans will tell you
10-15 FPS is fine for surveillance needs.
its the shutter speed settings that help with blur etc....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That 1.00 is the KEY, which means your FPS and iframe number matches. There just isn't enough room on that screen when it says 30.10/1.00 fps/key - it is missing the /key part, but the / lets you know that is for the key number.

30 FPS is way too much for surveillance cameras, but that is another story...

ijuice

n3wb
Reaction score
Most of the time I do live monitoring from a browser and yes I am getting 30 fps from there. Also, yes I understand that even at 15 that's plenty :)
Slightly off-topic but my justification is that I'm a father and sometimes the kids do the funniest things and I'd like to keep the highest possible quality recording for memories-sake. :D I also record with sound..

Anyway.. what I meant was, if I am getting the expected FPS from the browser why is that when I'm on the actual computer itself, with Blue Iris open, when viewing a single stream, it doesn't ramp up to anything over 1 fps?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Most of the time I do live monitoring from a browser and yes I am getting 30 fps from there. Also, yes I understand that even at 15 that's plenty :)
Slightly off-topic but my justification is that I'm a father and sometimes the kids do the funniest things and I'd like to keep the highest possible quality recording for memories-sake. :D I also record with sound..

Anyway.. what I meant was, if I am getting the expected FPS from the browser why is that when I'm on the actual computer itself, with Blue Iris open, when viewing a single stream, it doesn't ramp up to anything over 1 fps?

Untitled.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a video clip proving via the motion seen that you are only seeing 1 FPS - that FPS would be fairly obvious.

As we said, you are reading that screen wrong. The 1.00 is the ratio of FPS to iframes, which means you have 30 FPS with an iframe setting of 30, so 30/30=1.00 as is shown in the BI camera status page.

ijuice

n3wb
Reaction score
Your Shits fucked up.

I do concede that I was reading the FPS/frames part wrong. Took me re-reading what I posted to realize that I was reading those stats incorrectly.
To be honest, I didn't really pay attention to those until I noticed the terrible FPS on the application itself. Recording seems fine though.. like you said, fucked up.

The only recent thing I did was to enable an integration to Home Assistant. I'll temporarily undo that and see if it helps.

ijuice

n3wb
Reaction score
Crisis solved. I noticed that time was ticking every 5 seconds. Found this in Bl
1641438667002.png

It's the first time I've remoted in since taking it off the test bench and placing in the rack, with access via RDP! I set it to unrestricted and it's all good!

Thanks all, at least I learned to read the FPS/key too! Hope someone on RDP finds this useful :D

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the downside to doing that is that it will push your CPU a lot higher. Check it before and after.

Rico199021

n3wb
Reaction score
Crisis solved. I noticed that time was ticking every 5 seconds. Found this in Bl
View attachment 114655

It's the first time I've remoted in since taking it off the test bench and placing in the rack, with access via RDP! I set it to unrestricted and it's all good!

Thanks all, at least I learned to read the FPS/key too! Hope someone on RDP finds this useful :D
thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 114655

The fact you were using RDP, would of been helpful if you'd would have mentioned that in the OP.