LTS Password Reset

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
need to add a couple a cameras to existing LTS Platinum Series, 16CH/PoE NVR. Customer forgot the password (already tried default admin/12345). I am not familiar with LTS (understand is a re-branded unit from HIK), since I normally use Dahua products. Anyone know of a Password Reset Generator (based on date/month/year) or similar for LTS machines?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a Password Reset Generator (based on date/month/year) or similar for LTS machines?
If there are cameras with old enough firmware that they have the 'Hikvision backdoor vulnerability' (5.4.4. or earlier) then here is a neat little trick to extract the NVR password that works on Hikvision devices :

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks alastairstevenson for the info. I will travel next week to customer house, will follow your recommendations

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck. I hope that method works.

Alternatively, the tftp updater method applying the same firmware as is installed will reset the device to defaults.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
When you are prompted to login tot he NVR take the mouse pointer and click the bottom left of the login box - the box has a gray boarder - click just inside the gray boarder on the black inside the bottom left corner. This will change your prompt and provide a date/time code. Call LTS tech support and provide that info to them, they will provide you the daily corresponding unlock code.

Since LTS does NOT sell to end users typically unless you had a work around like some, when you call you just need to present yourself as the installer/intigrator and basically convey your customer was a dumbass and changed the admin password and locked everything up. Typically they will assist with little to no push back.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks zero-degress.I will try that as well. Both appreciated.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Visit customer today an call TLS tech support. Even thou they ask for a code or invoice, explained the situation (as recommended by zero-degress) an provided the temporary password. Thanks again to alastairstevenson and zero-degress