LPR Nails wanna-be criminals

chops101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My LPR and mailbox cam have been very busy in the last few weeks.
Stuff that goes on in the middle of the night that go unnoticed, except for the specific motion signatures that are left behind.
Juvies rummaging through unlocked cars, mailbox bandits, and this gang below that were out to steal cars:
02_05052023032948AM_MB Two Perps Run.jpg
03_05052023033021AM_LPR TAG.jpg

A Deputy stopped by this past weekend to let me know that the tag I reported put them on the tail of these guys. Looks like they moved on to more aggressive crimes, which usually does NOT have a good outcome in a stand your ground state.

-----------
Burglary- NW 270th Way

Josue XXXXXXXX, 21 was arrested for felony burglary occupied dwelling unarmed, flee elude LEO/lights/siren active, misdemeanor resisting officer-obstruct without violence and was arrested for probation violation or community control/felony: fleeing on May 11. Nyjal XXXXXX, 21 was arrested for felony was arrested for felony burglary occupied dwelling unarmed and misdemeanor resisting officer-obstruct without violence on May 11

-----------

Good stuff!!
I have a direct link to a Detective now, anytime anything nefarious is captured, a simple text gets the picture across .

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's amazing what goes on at night when the hard-working folks are asleep because they have to work for a living.

Last week the police sector boss stopped by to view some of my footage. Someone was robbed, with violence, for their electric scooter about 4 blocks from my place. Daylight robbery and I was able to supply footage to the police of the two suspects on the scooter as they passed by my place. Unfortunately, they didn't turn at the corner which would have put them passing two face detection cameras. These cameras seem to love people on bikes and scooters which would have been perfect. But we have footage of them anyways.

A couple days later, there was another electric scooter stolen (these things are very popular in Cuba) at night. Same cop called me and asked to review between 1am and 6am. Around 2:30am, a large truck with an uncovered box passed by my place with two guys inside. Video wasn't great but it looks like the red scooter in question was in the back. Cops said they this would at least give them an idea and they could start to review their own camera network for the same truck to see if they could get a plate and see what was in the back of the truck.

May be time for a LPR cam!

We need to keep the pressure on these folks. We can't solve every crime but at least try to keep them away from our homes.

ryan98270

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Make sure to look in the LPR subforums for our initial settings to get you going.

We look forward to seeing your LPR captures!
Me as well! I was telling my neighbor (an elderly man and former LA County sheriff with millions of amazing stories, including being the lead tactical team for the North Hollywood Shootout in the 1990s) and he was flabbergasted at the ability and technology that's out there right now, as am I. Reading through the forum about the plate # databases is really exciting stuff.