LPR camera placement

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just bought a 5241E-Z12E. Thinking about 2 locations. I am lucky to be on the outside corner of a turn in the road, as both locations are close to being a center of road view.
The north view has a street light on the power pole. Location could be where red circle is.
West view sometimes has a car parked at left side of image. It would block where the garbage can is and part of the street. This would also have some sunshine from setting sun.

Any suggestions ?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on testing.

Maybe just the camera angles, but it looks like some of that foliage could be problematic as it grows and/or wind.

Do not be afraid to mount them higher if needed. With the great optical zoom of the Z12, you can go higher. Mine is about 30 feet higher than the street level.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to pick up a 100' cable to do some testing.

Wow, I had not realized this camera was so big.
yeah that is why I said go higher if you can. those two spots on the fence would be great spots, but as a large bullet camera it stands a good chance of people kicking it and stuff.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is probably 12-14' above the ground. It helps a little to be above the headlights main beam also.
The good thing is, no one thinks to look that high, so they never spot it.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.