Low-budget BI setup question

deltapapa

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have three 2mp cameras and am looking for the lowest budget BI setup possible. I may add up to 3 more in the future. I am looking to get it off the ground as cheaply as possible and then finish it at a later date when finances are available. Below is a list of what I am looking for:

• I would like 2 drive bays as I will probably run the OS on a SSD and record to a WD purple in the future.
  • Maximum of six 2mp cameras
  • Any OS is fine for now - will probably upgrade to Win10 at a later date.
  • Can add more RAM in the future if necessary.

I have read the wiki on choosing hardware for BI but am still having trouble narrowing it down to a specific system. Several people have stated in other threads that I should be able to get something for ~$100, but I cannot seem to find anything in that range. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have three 2mp cameras and am looking for the lowest budget BI setup possible. I may add up to 3 more in the future. I am looking to get it off the ground as cheaply as possible and then finish it at a later date when finances are available. Below is a list of what I am looking for:

• I would like 2 drive bays as I will probably run the OS on a SSD and record to a WD purple in the future.
  • Maximum of six 2mp cameras
  • Any OS is fine for now - will probably upgrade to Win10 at a later date.
  • Can add more RAM in the future if necessary.

I have read the wiki on choosing hardware for BI but am still having trouble narrowing it down to a specific system. Several people have stated in other threads that I should be able to get something for ~$100, but I cannot seem to find anything in that range. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
plenty of i5-3570 based hp 8300 or dell optiplex systems for about 100, including w10....see ebay

deltapapa

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! I wasn't sure how low I could go on the processor and still run what I've got.