Lovin' UI3

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have UI3 running occasionally on both the XBox and the FireStick on two different TVs. This AM I looked at the rarely-used XBox session, and it was crystal clear, with no periodic flickering as seen on the FireStick. The session pop-up said it was using 'jpeg HD'. I looked at the session profiles, and all the 4K, 2K, etc, profiles above the 'jpeg HD' were colored in red. Cool! So I went to the FireStick on the other TV, and was unable to use the Amazon remote to 'click and drag' the preferred 'jpeg HD' to the top of the list. I then started deleting all the top list H.234 profiles one by one, and saw where the picture quality continued to degrade as the profiles were being deleted and favoring the lesser quality sessions. When finally the preferred 'jpeg HD' came to the top of the list, the picture quality became crystal clear, with no more periodic flicker and pixilation.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to delete profiles to use a different one. Just select the different profile like you would on YouTube.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I was unable to figure out how to select a profile in the Spice browser within the Firestick. The UI said to drag and drop a desired profile to the top of the list, but I couldn't figure out that operation using the remote.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Moving the profiles with drag and drop only rearranges them in the UI and has no effect on which one is active. If it was a more critical feature I would have included an alternate way to move them, which works better on devices that don't support drag-and-drop. Find the gear icon in the lower-right, or the Streaming Quality dropdown on the left when the Live View tab is active. That is how you change the streaming profile.