Lost IVS capability

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a long time, intrusion detection on my Dahua NVR with the starlight cameras was working well.

Eventually I was getting errors in the Web interface when trying to change or add IVS items. Since I am physically remote from the hardware, I had to wait until I flew out to investigate.

When connected locally, I tried to delete all the IVS entries, but then I couldn't add any. The software just gave me all sorts of dead end errors. So then I had no IVS at all.

I decided on a firmware update. First, the NVR. Then, the cameras. One by one, disconnected from the POE ports as the NVR refused to update the firmware on them.

Everything was working better. I could add IVS entries. The problem is, they never trigger. I've tried line crossing and intrusion detection. The blue line or box is there but it never turns to red. Enable is on. I have set the min and max target filters.

Any ideas? I have email, buzzer and snapshot checked. I have snapshot set up in the schedule as well as IVS in general.

Very frustrating. Do I really need to do a hard reset on the cameras?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Cosmo,

What NVR do you have?
What firmware version?

cosmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR: 5208-8P-4KS2
Firmware: 3.215.0000000.1
Build Date: 2017-09-01

Cameras: IPC-HDW5231R-Z x 5
Firmware: 2.460.0000.7.R20170306

The NVR was able to locate the latest firmware and update itself. It says is is current.

The NVR failed to update the camera firmware. I had to do this manually when I was there. I hunted around in these forums for various firmware locations. There was one FTP site that looked like an official Dahua site. It had two categories of the same dated firmware (Jan 17, 2017). One was called "DH" and the other "General". I don't know which one was correct. But I found another site with a more recent version (March 6, 2017), marked "DH". So I updated the firmware with that.

I connect the cameras into the NVR's POE ports. I haven't yet tried creating the intrusion detection or line crossing entires directly to the cameras to see if I the entry goes from blue to red when something is detected.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, the 'DH' firmware has the Dahua logos in it, where as the 'General' one doesn't (presumably to be used by companies who resell the unbranded Dahua products under their own labels). Functionality wise, the firmware should be the same (assuming the build date/version numbers are the same).