Loryta SD49225XA-HNR Poe+ Recommendation

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wanted to see what POE+ you guys are using. Will any POE+ switch work or are there a certain brand/model that I should look at?
Camera will be around 30-50ft from the BI PC.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using a cheap one with no issue. Others will probably be brand loyal.

Key is to make sure that the switch has enough wattage capacity for everything you are running - that is the biggest issue.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using a cheap one with no issue. Others will probably be brand loyal.

Key is to make sure that the switch has enough wattage capacity for everything you are running - that is the biggest issue.
What ya using?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used this injector at first as I didn't have a POE+ switch.

And then since cameras multiply like rabbits, that injector is now used for testing purposes LOL and went to this switch (s) LOL:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I actually use an Aumox gigabit switch. Has served me well. No issues sonce it doesn't have POE+?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check which one you have - they do not call it POE+ but shows it meets at standard which is POE+, but it is, at least this one is:

Supports IEEE802.3af/at standard,8 gigabit Ethernet ports, each port up to 30W power supply, with 120W power in total. comprehensive optimization of product performance.

Just make sure a port can support 30W and you will be fine.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check which one you have - they do not call it POE+ but shows it meets at standard which is POE+, but it is, at least this one is:

Supports IEEE802.3af/at standard,8 gigabit Ethernet ports, each port up to 30W power supply, with 120W power in total. comprehensive optimization of product performance.

Just make sure a port can support 30W and you will be fine.
Gotcha. Since you use it and have no issues,I'll grab one of those. Thanks for the info,appreciate it.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I plan on mounting it under an eave that has line of sight to the front door,carport,and the yard. Is mounting it straight to it the eave the way to go or are there a bracket for such?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It comes with a wall mount, but you can get a ceiling mount if that works for your install. You can even get a corner mount.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the distance from the mount to the bottom of the Camera? I plan on mounting it under and eave,but I'm afraid that it may hang to low.