Lorex says I Have to use there POE switch help me

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
so i changed the ip address on one of the cameras to 192.168.1.24 and it still wont save the change i make of the channel number.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes still red. This is where understanding ip addresses is limited for me. I understand each device has there own but as long as i dont have 2 that match on system then wouldnt i be ok? I tried the delete add and nothing. they all keep staying set for channel 1 no matter what i do.
What if I delete all of them and start over adding one camera at a time? Good or bad idea?

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes still red. This is where understanding ip addresses is limited for me. I understand each device has there own but as long as i dont have 2 that match on system then wouldnt i be ok? I tried the delete add and nothing. they all keep staying set for channel 1 no matter what i do.
What if I delete all of them and start over adding one camera at a time? Good or bad idea?
What did you change the IP addresses to? It should be similar to the one that's working, but just the last number should be different

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, yeah, try deleting and adding them from scratch again. And if they still won't connect, pictures help a lot

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - we should have info on Dahua OEM cameras and setting their IP addresses here on the forum someplace .. Lorex Dahua OEM cameras should be similar to setup ..

Jayordon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FYI - we should have info on Dahua OEM cameras and setting their IP addresses here on the forum someplace .. Lorex Dahua OEM cameras should be similar to setup ..
Not a bad idea. The Lorex camera web pages are exactly the same GUI as Dahua.

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
ok i will look will research while im playing. And thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it

moose66

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok they are all working now. How I got it is kind of screwy but anyway. So i pinged the next 4 ip addresses that were aligned with the camera that was working and found out they were good to go. But I could not get them to change no matterwhat i tried. I called lorex tech support and they told me they wouldnt help me change them. So I said fix my problem. This guy never asked if I had a lorex switch. But he was able to see what i had in my camera registration and see the issue with the red lights. I could hear him typing away. He finished typing and he asks me to unplug all the cameras and go ahead plug cameras back in and tryagain. Wouldnt you know when I went through the same steps as I did earlier all the cameras showed up on the monitor. The interesting things is the new ip addresses were the exact same ones I was trying to insert. Go figure. I guess its a matter of who you get on tech support some time but at least its a done deal. You can be glad to know you all were right the issue was the adresses. Ive been at this for almost 12hours straight so Im done for the night. THis was only the bench test portion. I hope the rest goes better. Im sure Ill be bothering you guys again. It wasnt all wasted because ive learned my way around the system now. But thanks againfor the help.