Lorex NVR or similar with Hughsnet

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have a remote property that I need to set up a small NVR system for. I have tried a few stand alone ip cams and while they will send alerts they can not be viewed live or accessed remotely for admin on Hughes. Which makes it a royal pain to dial in motion detection. Thinking about a small Lorex or similar NVR setup with 2 to 4 cams... but can this NVR be accessed via Hughes which uses ipv6 IIRC? If so, are there any special considerations to make it work?

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, looking into this further I believe these current NVR systems like Lorex and Night owl have optional P2P setups so you don't need to know the ip address, have ports open or VPN, or have DDNS. Works like ReoLink, KasaCam and such where the devices "reach out" via a 3rd party server to be reachable. I know, not as secure as how we run our BI over VPN and such, but there is really no other option on HughsNet. I might be installing a small system like this soon, should be an interesting project. Also interesting that th e2 systems mentioned above claim to have human, vehicle and maybe even face detection like some of the cams we use. Not sure how much to expect from these, though.