Lorex NR916X-N set up IP camera

Soul

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently purchased Lorex NR916X-N NVR 16-channel system. When I received the system, I plugged all the cameras in nvr slot, nvr is connected to router, using upnp (default setting, just changed date and time). All the cameras are working except 2 case, Case 1: after plugging all cameras to nvr slot, 2 of the camera did not display video but displayed "ip address" and message "Invalid username or password". Case 2: i tried to swap 3 channels by removing Ethernet port from nvr slots and swapping them, then it displayed same message on 3 channel I swapped, i tried to swap them back to what they were before but that did not work either.

I tried resetting password and applying it to all channels but that did not work either. Please ask if you need more information. Any solutions or suggestion? Thank you for your time and help.

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have recently purchased Lorex NR916X-N NVR 16-channel system. When I received the system, I plugged all the cameras in nvr slot, nvr is connected to router, using upnp (default setting, just changed date and time). All the cameras are working except 2 case, Case 1: after plugging all cameras to nvr slot, 2 of the camera did not display video but displayed "ip address" and message "Invalid username or password". Case 2: i tried to swap 3 channels by removing Ethernet port from nvr slots and swapping them, then it displayed same message on 3 channel I swapped, i tried to swap them back to what they were before but that did not work either.

I tried resetting password and applying it to all channels but that did not work either. Please ask if you need more information. Any solutions or suggestion? Thank you for your time and help.

Thank you
Dont use upnp or you will be hacked.
Did you change any passwords on the NVR or cameras after installing?

Soul

n3wb
Reaction score
Dont use upnp or you will be hacked.
Did you change any passwords on the NVR or cameras after installing?
Thank you for response.
When I turned on nvr it prompted me to create password and thats about it.
How should i setup without upnp? I am also looking for remote access to it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for response.
When I turned on nvr it prompted me to create password and thats about it.
How should i setup without upnp? I am also looking for remote access to it.
Vpn..see VPN for noobs thread