Lorex LNB8105X pinout diagram

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Lorex LNB8105X and I accidentally tripped on the wire, the camera connector was pulled out.

As you see on the connector (female) on picture #1 the only thing I know for sure, is that the blue wire is on connector 6. If you look at picture #2, you will see what I am working with. I tried the wiring presented in pictures #3 and 4 that correspondS to the pinout map of picture #5 and it did not work.

I tried to pull gently on each of the 6 wires, just in case one of them would have broken when I tripped on the wire, none of them came out.

I called Lorex and they will not "reveal" the pinout info.

I feel I am in a dead end. Can someone shed some light on this situation?
Thanks,
Michel
Picture #1
Connecteur avec fil bleu.jpg
Picture #2

Filage restant avec nouveau connecteur.jpg
Picture #3
Test #1 côté #1.jpg
Picture #4
Test #1 côté #2.jpg

Picture #5
Pinout.JPG

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Lorex LNB8105X and I accidentally tripped on the wire, the camera connector was pulled out.

As you see on the connector (female) on picture #1 the only thing I know for sure, is that the blue wire is on connector 6. If you look at picture #2, you will see what I am working with. I tried the wiring presented in pictures #3 and 4 that correspondS to the pinout map of picture #5 and it did not work.

I tried to pull gently on each of the 6 wires, just in case one of them would have broken when I tripped on the wire, none of them came out.

I called Lorex and they will not "reveal" the pinout info.

I feel I am in a dead end. Can someone shed some light on this situation?
Thanks,
Michel
Picture #1
View attachment 61458
Picture #2

View attachment 61461
Picture #3
View attachment 61459
Picture #4
View attachment 61460

Picture #5
View attachment 61456
Hi @MChevrier

Search for Dahua pin outs - hopefully it follows the standard.

If possible you can also see if you can take it apart and see the connection to the main board and perhaps see if the pins are appropriately marked.

MChevrier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @MChevrier

Search for Dahua pin outs - hopefully it follows the standard.

If possible you can also see if you can take it apart and see the connection to the main board and perhaps see if the pins are appropriately marked.
I just found a piece of the connector. This gives me a lot of information (see joined picture). We can see that the brown wire is on the pin 1, the purple on the 2 and the orange on the 3. Already on picture #1 of the original post we can see that the blue wire is on the 6. It remains only to find the color for 4-5 and 7-8. On my last test, which unfortunately did not work, I put yellow on 4-5 and gray on 7-8 according to the suggestion that was made to me. So I only have one test left: yellow on 7-8 and gray on 4-5. I'm testing it on Tuesday. Why would Lorex be different from what seems like an IP camera standard?

Attachments

clownyfish

n3wb
Reaction score
I just found a piece of the connector. This gives me a lot of information (see joined picture). We can see that the brown wire is on the pin 1, the purple on the 2 and the orange on the 3. Already on picture #1 of the original post we can see that the blue wire is on the 6. It remains only to find the color for 4-5 and 7-8. On my last test, which unfortunately did not work, I put yellow on 4-5 and gray on 7-8 according to the suggestion that was made to me. So I only have one test left: yellow on 7-8 and gray on 4-5. I'm testing it on Tuesday. Why would Lorex be different from what seems like an IP camera standard?
@MChevrier were you able to determine the final pinout? I am having the same issue except my cable is cut completely at the camera. Any help is appreciated.

exarkun

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a rebadged Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR so find the pinout for that.

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure this out I've tried a few ways but no luck can someone please share with me some good instructions ? I've tried a few I've found online but nothing has worked.I'm trying to replace the whole pigtail with cat5 female connector please tell me what standard I should use as well a or b???

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure this out I've tried a few ways but no luck can someone please share with me some good instructions ? I've tried a few I've found online but nothing has worked.I'm trying to replace the whole pigtail with cat5 female connector please tell me what standard I should use as well a or b???
Use the "B" color codes on the female RJ-45 connector. I found this below on another web site and added the clarity for camera wires and CAT-5 colors and pins using green and red colors.

Credit goes to @Brentl1 on ifixit.com

Good luck!

Lorex_LNB8105X_pinout.jpg

Last edited:

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the "B" color codes on the female RJ-45 connector. I found this below on another web site and added the clarity for camera wires and CAT-5 colors and pins using green and red colors.

Credit goes to @Brentl1 on ifixit.com

Good luck!

View attachment 105549
Thanks for your help TonyR but unfortunately this didnt work either. I had tried this pin out before but without you clarification. I have two cameras that have been chewed up by squirrels and im hoping to get them fixed anyone else have any other pin outs i can try?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My post was for the OP's cam, a Lorex LNB8105X.

Is that the same brand and model as your cam?

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
yep same model and brand, i messaged OP hoping he got it figured out. im going to try splicing ethernet cable onto it as i think the fact the stranded cable for the camera might be part of the issue

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yep same model and brand, i messaged OP hoping he got it figured out. im going to try splicing ethernet cable onto it as i think the fact the stranded cable for the camera might be part of the issue
If you've never done this before now (except for THIS camera) and if you haven't already done so, I'd double-check that you did not select the wrong row of colored labels on the female (you want T-568B for the image I posted above) or you have the pins reversed from RJ-45 female to male.

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
If you've never done this before now (except for THIS camera) and if you haven't already done so, I'd double-check that you did not select the wrong row of colored labels on the female (you want T-568B for the image I posted above) or you have the pins reversed from RJ-45 female to male.
ive wired up various ethernet connections before but ive never messed with the camera end of the connection

So far Ive tried
  • the instructions above using both a and b hoping I got them flipped
  • using new female keystone connectors every attempt
  • tried it on both cameras
  • tried a few other promising looking instructions
  • ive also bridged the unused ports on the connector like some pin out suggest

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
I cant check tbh as the squirrels seem to have taken the connector end so all i have is the destroyed ends of the cable

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cant check tbh as the squirrels seem to have taken the connector end so all i have is the destroyed ends of the cable
Man, those pigtails weren't inside junction boxes, right?

Squirrels at my MIL's house chewed through the ACSR (Aluminum Conductor Steel Reinforced) overhead duplex service drop a few years back; they left the 2 insulated aluminum hot legs alone but chewed the bare STEEL messenger ( the neutral) into 2 pieces and only her 240V stove/oven and 240v water heater worked, no 120v lighting or appliances would work without that neutral. TREE RATS!

ecuadorche

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a resolution to this issue, the Pinout diagram TonyR provided is correct, but you have to do a few things

The lorex camera uses stranded wire so you cant punch it into a female rj45 jack I had to solder the wires to another wire with solid copper to use that connector
another thing there are two sets of wires that are bridged the diagram shows which ones

thanks to @TonyR for his help with the picture he fixed for me